• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tone/color changes between Library and Develop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been a topic for years. I found some older posts, but didn't really get an answer. Upon upgrading to the Creative Cloud with LR and PS we've pretty much stopped using LR for editing and printing photos like we used to. There's an actual color cast change on a photo between the modules. If I get it to look correct in Develop and switch to Library the tone is totally different. Whites have a yellow cast. It also prints like it looks in Library, not Develop both from LR and from online services. My monitor is not calibrated. Is this still considered to be differences in the color spaces used by Develop vs Library? I never had this problem before I upgraded from earlier standalone versions of LR to the Creative Cloud. Any suggestions please? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Thanks for the update Robert, There are many third party calibration systems available and you can go with any one of them as per your liking. We've documented a article that might help you calibrate your monitor. See How to manage color in Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robertscholl,

Lightroom "Develop" module renders the image and shows you the expected or actual image preview. The two modules use a different color space and the only accurate preview is within Develop module at 1:1(zoom) or greater.

My monitor is not calibrated. Is this still considered to be differences in the color spaces used by Develop vs Library?

Calibrating your monitor will definitively make difference to the way images look in both modules. Here's more details on this Why is there a Significant Color Shift between Develop and Library Modes?

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

Thank you so much for the information. I tested my monitor color profile and, indeed, that is the issue. I'll get my monitor calibrated and use the correct profile.

Is there a display calibration system you recommend? Is iDisplay Pro considered one of the top ones for photography and LR use?

Thanks again!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update Robert, There are many third party calibration systems available and you can go with any one of them as per your liking. We've documented a article that might help you calibrate your monitor. See How to manage color in Lightroom Classic CC

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines