• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WHY there is no color management option in my printer setting dialog box???

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can someone help me find the Printer's color management in my photoshop setting dialog box, please????

I have all right:

- working space in Adobe RGB (image profile in RGB as well)

- a calibrated monitor

When I use the printer manages the color to print, the colors come out very close to what is on the monitor. When I try the paper's ICC the photo print gets a magenta cast (actually all colors get messed up). I understand that I have to disable the printer's color management, but I can't find where to click. All dialog boxes I found on the internet are different than mine - below!

Help, please!!

tks

Screenshot 2018-02-06 11.56.29.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this may help: Color Management Confusion - Canon PRO 1000 printer

D. Fosse is still part of the community. I'll try and get him if this doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you gener7! I saw this! I'm all good with ICC and profiles, but I just cannot find the printer driver to turn off the printer's color management (her last step)! my dialog box seems to be different from everyone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon Professional Printer community may have an answer. Supposedly Canon supplies Mac drivers that you can select over the generic Bonjour drivers I seem to be looking at.

Color Managament in ProGraf Pro1000 - Canon Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, gener7! Just posted there. Let's see. I have the feeling it's about adobe and Mac....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key word is Print Settings or the settings dialog the Print driver shows.

Adobe Photoshop does not control that anymore than your Canon's on/off switch. You can even go into Printers under Apple's System Preferences and see if you can do it there, but I have a feeling what you see in Apple's Preferences is what the Adobe Print dialog sees.

So that's what makes me think Canon would have the better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok! I'm sure you know more than me about these things!!! I'm overwhelmed and frustrated. The best images that came out of my printer are color managed by the printer, not the paper's ICC!

I will keep searching answers for those keywords!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gener7, just stopping by to say thank you! You were right, Canon community worked! I needed to update the driver version!!! Just that! Incredible!

Tks,

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're Welcome. One of the most difficult troubleshooting calls is in knowing in whose section the problem is.

Difficulty: When someone tells me their printer works fine in "Bongo Paint", so it has to be something in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines