• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t import files

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import some files in a map some maps are avalible to import but some maps are the import buttom grey.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Import button when the Map module is being displayed.

Also there is no importing of Maps. the Map module works off of Google Maps

What exactly are you asking about.

A screen shot of what you are asking about would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some languages, like German and Norwegian, "mappe" means folder, which I'm guessing is the case here.

Simon, if the Import button is greyed out when a folder is selected in the Import dialog, it means that all the images in the folder have already been imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Per.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know but it is not in this case. It was imported on another hardrive before. Then I changed the hardrive and changed the computer and now it is grey. I did manage to put one photo on desktop and renamed it and then I was avalibe to import it. But how do I do that with 10.000 photos? I can’t rename al of my photos.

Best regards, Simon Blyberg, +46707877107

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case, instead of re-importing, you should point Lightroom to the new location of the folders.

Also, if you re-import, you will lose all your edits and metadata.

See Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you did not think of rerouting to new location. And when I reimported the 5 star rating I had on the picture before was still their. So meta data does not go away when reimporing.

Best regards, Simon Blyberg, +46707877107

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

simonb95023722  wrote

Thank you did not think of rerouting to new location. And when I reimported the 5 star rating I had on the picture before was still their. So meta data does not go away when reimporing.

Best regards, Simon Blyberg

As a general rule, metadata (such as stars, keywords, captions, GPS locations, etc.) is not saved to the xmp files (or xmp portion of the photo file) by default in LR. So, if you don't turn on this option, re-importing will cause you to lose your edits and user-supplied metadata. Even if you change the default to save metadata, some metadata is never saved to xmp, such as collection membership, edit history, pick flags, virtual copies and a few other things that I no longer remember.

So re-importing simply not a good practice.

Also, Simon, providing your phone number (or other personal information) in a public forum is not a good practice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines