• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exif Data

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i've finished editing an image i then go on to post this on a few forums, but when the image is posted usually so is the Metadata but for a few weeks now this is not happening and the forums like the Metadata with the image as this usually shows up when you scroll over the image , this is very frustrating, I've tried ticking/unticking different boxes but no joy.   I use L/R 6 and have been for a while and never had this before, Thanks in advance for any feed back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

You can create a DB account for Zero money.

I see you are running some post processing action. Could that be the cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Export settings window, be sure you've set the option Metadata > Include to All Metadata:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I have this ’All Metadata’ in that box but also the box at the bottom ‘Write Keywords as Lightroom Hierarchy ‘ is ticked is that right ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't matter for your purposes whether Write Keywords As Lightroom Hierarchy is checked. That option writes the keywords into the metadata in a form that preserves their hierarchical relationship, but that metadata is only understood by LR (and other apps generally ignore it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be wherever you are posting these shot is stripping the Metadata out.

If this just started happening then it might be some new update to whatever site you are posting to. I suggest posting this same question to those sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, No its not where I'm posting my images as one of the sights is Flickr, and does not show the Data there either and the privacy settings for showing settings is turned off, it is somewhere in Lightroom, just don't know where ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screen shot of the "FULL" export dialog box. You can close, collapse the Video and Watermarking sections.

Like this.

Export Dialog Full Screen 1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Metadata 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upload a sample exported photo to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here, we can examine its metadata in detail to see if LR is exporting it correctly.  (That's a lot more efficient than trying to troubleshoot remotely.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, i dont have Dropbox, anyother ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a DB account for Zero money.

I see you are running some post processing action. Could that be the cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I've noticed that, I've changed that to none now, see what happens, i will let you know either tomorrow or over the weekend at some point as i'm out & about a lot this weekend, Thanks for the help it is much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, just done a quick post on a couple of forums and the Metadata is their. Thanks again for your input, as i said before very much appreciated,  Cheers Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick comment: Flickr in particular, routinely omits EXIF metadata from all image versions except for the Original image version (which remains as uploaded).

Flickr still has interpreted that EXIF and displays it on the photo page, regardless of what resized version you may be viewing there. But if you then download this resized version - it lacks EXIF metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh ok did'nt know that, Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines