• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There are days when I really dislike Windows 10

Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two Win10 computers in the same house, but Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to send updates at the same time

Wife's computer updated last night, mine had not yet updated (until I force a restart)

Printer is connected to my computer, she prints through home network

Today, for the 3rd or 4th time, her computer stopped talking to my computer... so she couldn't print

Once I did a restart, so the "pending" update on my computer was applied... communication restored and she could print again

I have NO idea why a pending update would cause a home network glitch... but it does

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because n update effects the network so it is disabled as a automatic precaution

p.s sounds like the printer is in fact shared by your system and not the network it self

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I think it was a post by you in the Prem Pro forum that persuaded me to take my desktop from Windows 7 to 10, and I don't have _too_ many regrets.  On the whole it is definitely a better user experience, but after working OK for a while after the update, my Aune D-to-A preamp refused to work from a USB feed, and I never did manage to find drivers that fixed it.  I have had to resort to the analogue headphone socket on the backpack pane, which rather negates the point fo using an external D-to-A converter. 

From discussion with friends, Windows 10 updates can be particularly problematic with printers.  One local buddy is forever bursting yet another blood vessel over this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep my printer connected to a Windows 7 computer so that the driver will work properly, as it is an old printer..  It works fine for all applications but one. I have Windows Virtual XP installed on that computer because it won't print on DVDs and CDs properly with the Windows 7 driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to keep my mouth shut (and not start a platform war!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there is a need for a platform war, different platforms have different issues and i think Microsoft is doing better with Windows 10. It is not the mess it was when it launches updates has actually made it a lot better. And it seems to be improving every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines