• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reset Shortcut not Working

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Reset Settings shortcut has suddenly stopped working - anyone run into this?

Cmd-Opt-R (Mac)

I've restarted my computer twice - and no luck. I use this shortcut function all the time!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Actually, the Reset (Adobe) button appears when you hold down the shift key.

Perhaps the shortcut isn't working because some other process on the Mac has usurped it. I don't know enough about Macs to tell you how to solve that, but it might point you in the right direction.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cmd-Opt-R (Mac) is the "Refine Photos" keyboard shortcut in Lightroom.

What are you trying to Reset?  Photo Development, Catalog, Computer?

https://makeawebsitehub.com/adobe-lightroom-keyboard-shortcuts-cheat-sheet/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I really meant to write that Cmd+Shift+R is what I am doing. Just trying to reset all develop settings on an image to their original imported state, on an individual basis.

So when I hit Cmd+Shift+R .... the program "dings" and does nothing. But it does "flash" the typical Reset button on the bottom right of the screen... from Reset to Reset (Adobe). (as per below photo)

Thanks in advance for any insights!

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 8.41.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably want Cmd+Shift+R.  (At least it's Ctrl+Shift+R  on Windows.)

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - I really meant to write that Cmd+Shift+R is what I am doing. Just trying to reset all develop settings on an image to their original imported state, on an individual basis. See below for whats happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The [ Reset (Adobe) ] button usually only appears if you hold down the [Opt] key. [Alt] in Windows.

Are you sure you have the key press combination correct?

Some "Language" keyboard layouts are different. Do you have it set to "English"

Mac computers also can remap keys (something I know nothing about!)

Any 'sticky' keys malfunctioning in other programs?

Wouldn't it be simpler to click the mouse cursor on the [Reset] button? )

And there is a [Reset All] button in the Grid view 'Quick Develop' panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the Reset (Adobe) button appears when you hold down the shift key.

Perhaps the shortcut isn't working because some other process on the Mac has usurped it. I don't know enough about Macs to tell you how to solve that, but it might point you in the right direction.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hal, You are correct  " hold down the shift key."  . My error suggesting [Alt]

My Windows command [ Ctrl + Shift + R ] works to reset an image, as should [ Cmd + Shift + R ] for the OP Richelle.

Why it is not working still a mystery.

I do notice the screen-clip indicates an early Process Version of Lightroom and The OP has not given details of Lr version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys - thought I'd follow up!
Yes, I am definitely hitting the keys properly, definitely using the most recent/current version of Lightroom, and restarting my computer.... alas, it's fixed! After literally the 6th time of simply restarting my computer and doing nothing else - the shortcut function started to work again. So while it's not a proper answer - it's at least fixed itself.

Me'thinks this was more of a Mac issue than a Lightroom issue in the end, as mentioned. Thanks guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines