• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to return to Photoshop Classic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had decided to keep using the desktop version, what I refer to as Photoshop Classic, but made a mistake when the Creative Cloud updater said there was an update available.  It changed me to Photoshop Creative Cloud which I didn't want to do.  Plus I've now lost my Nik filter which were still working in the Classic version and windows 7.  Is there any way to get my old Photoshop Classic back?  If I uninstall CC will I have to install Photoshop Classic again?  Is Classic version 18.1.2?  Will I have to try to find and reinstall my Nik filters?  What a mess just clicking one little update button has made on my computer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

ralphjoallen@comcast.net  wrote

I thought there were 2 versions now: a classic version where everything stays on the local machine and a cloud version where you can store files in the Adobe cloud.  Or is that Lightroom only?  Is there any way to get my Nik filters back in this new version?

You can actually install all of the versions Chuck showed you, but with Windows, only have one open at any one time.  I understand that Mac users can have more than one Photoshop open.   If you have the drive sp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have multiple versions of PS installed on your computer. Just use the Adobe Application manager to install the version you want. There is no "Classic Version" of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought there were 2 versions now: a classic version where everything stays on the local machine and a cloud version where you can store files in the Adobe cloud.  Or is that Lightroom only?  Is there any way to get my Nik filters back in this new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Application are downloaded and are install and run one you machines. You can store and share your assets in Adobe Cloud if you want to. Some cloud storage is included with you subscription and you can purchase more.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ralphjoallen@comcast.net  wrote

You can actually install all of the versions Chuck showed you, but with Windows, only have one open at any one time.  I understand that Mac users can have more than one Photoshop open.   If you have the drive space, you have nothing to lose by installing earlier versions, other than the time it takes to close one and open the other if and when you need their features.

All Photoshop versions run on your local machine.  You have the _option_ to store some content in cloud space, but you would mostly use it like any other Windows or OSX application.  You don't even need to be connected to the internet other than to sign in once a month or so.

There are apparently workarounds to use the NIK collection with CC2018.  I have not used them myself, although I do like Silver FX (or whatever they call it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either install an older. Version of PS, or try this link: Re: 2018 Nik Collection Not Compatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines