• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 for Mac OS?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I bought CS4 I was using a Windows PC. I have now changed to an iMac but unfortunately the CS4 DVD is Windows only (unlike my LR5 DVD which is for Windows ​and​ Mac OS).  How do I download/obtain CS4 version for Mac?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently cross-grades are no longer available, yo it. seems you painted yourself in a corner.

Exchange a product for a different language or platform version

It might also not work out to try and install Photoshop CS4 on a current version OS.

Older versions of Photoshop system requirements

When one decides to stick with obsolete software one should make sure one is able to roll back any and all software and hardware updates in case they »break« the set-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply and the links.  A very unfortunate situation (for me, anyway)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photography package is about 10,–$ a month, so if it is just Photoshop and ACR you need from Adobe’ programs that might be affordable. If the price is justified for you you’ll have to decide for yourself, otherwise you might want to look into alternatives (freeware like Gimp or programs like Affinity Photo for which perpetual licenses are available).

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Your links have answered my question so this can now be closed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you see the question as closed but I’ll add one thing. Even if you could swap to Mac CS4 it probably wouldn’t run well or at all. Apple change the Mac system often and old apps die quickly. Part of having a Mac is that you are on a rapid merry go round of paid upgrades to many of your apps – even though system upgrades are “free”. Subscriptions usually include upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  I shall try to contain my disappointment!  😉

-- 

Regards,

Keith

Sent with Airmail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines