• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe activation error

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything I know to try.  I got a windows update on 1/17/18 and since then, almost every time I try to print to PDF in my Great Plains Dynamics or Word software both the Adobe XI and Word/Great Plains freezes.  I have to use Task Manager to close out Great Plains in order to continue.  At the same time that I received the windows update, I had ran Malwarebytes on my computer which identified a pop up program and removed it.  I have reinstalled Adobe XI two times and it appears to activate, and I have deactivated the software and reactivated it - Everything seems to go fine.  I have full permissions as a user and administrator for Acrobat XI.  I have talked to Adobe on the phone, I have sought out help from my IT people where I got an expanded hard drive from.  I am at my wits end.  I use Acrobat XI everyday.  Does anyone have an answer?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sallym93710370

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting an error message that Acrobat Standard 11 is not activated, Is that correct?

Please refer and try the solutions from the following KB doc Error "Adobe PDF creation cannot continue because Acrobat is not activated" | Adobe Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-pdf-creation-cannot-continue.html

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat completely Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs  Reboot the machine and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X and use the serial key to activate it.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing I have done has worked - I even went through a manual removal of all adobe products on my computer and then reinstalled and that didn't work.  I tried to create a pdf today and got a "Unable to connect to the DDE Server" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sallym93710370

Sorry for the trouble and for the  delayed response. Please refer to the following KB doc and try the solution and let us know how it goes Fatal error - Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE server  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/failed-to-connect-to-dde-server.html

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did change my registry, but that didn't help.  I have also turned off all of my antivirus, removed all adobe applications, reinstalled as administrator.  That has also not cured the situation.  The only thing I can't do now is create a PDF or print to PDF from any Microsoft products.  My other products crash.  Strangely, I might be able to print to a pdf one time and the second time my program will hang.  I am at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, if the issue still persists, please contact the Adobe support team so that they can take remote access of the machine and can fix the issue for you. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe will no longer support my version at all.  I have to wonder if this problem is caused by Adobe to make my buy the monthly subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines