• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I control E-signature Certificates?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for a way to sign pdf's for our company but I don't think we require the full-blown, digital-signature with 3rd party verification and all that jazz. I simply want everyone to be able to open a pdf and place their signature in a box. Nothing fancy.

I've been exploring how to do this and putting an e-signature in a document is fast and easy. My problem is this....all I have to do to put someone else's signature in a box is to create a new signature setup on my machine and wolla....their name can be populated.

My question is this....is there a way to set up certificates for all our employees and store them in a read only folder on our network? We need some sort of control of the certificates. We can't just have everyone making their own and putting what ever names in there they want.

Does this makes sense? Can someone shed some light or point me to some help? A few of us have adobe but most have the reader.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??????????????????????????????????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming this is the trail I need to follow?

Store certificates on directory servers

Directory servers are commonly used as centralized repositories of identities within an organization. The server acts as an ideal location to store user certificates in enterprises that use certificate encryption. Directory servers let you locate certificates from network servers, including Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) servers. After you locate a certificate, you can add it to your list of trusted identities so that you don’t have to look it up again. By developing a storage area for trusted certificates, you or a member of your workgroup can facilitate the use of encryption in the workgroup.

For more information about directory servers, see the Digital Signature Guide (PDF) at www.adobe.com/go/learn_acr_security_en.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I called and waited on hold with tech support for over 15 minutes this morning to try and get some answers since no one seems to be coming here to answer my questions. I was informed that the "tech support" was only trained on the latest software and that she could not help me with Adobe 11.x.x since they are "only trained to the latest software." She told me that all the support for this software should come from the forums and that they will be able to help.

Where does someone get help with this stuff?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone out there reading this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but we don't always have answers to all the questions, especially if they're about a very specific subject, like storing digital certificates on a server...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is this forum monitored by Adobe and it's employees or provided as a user only forum? I called tech support and was told to come here for answers. I have yet to get any answers.

We can add electronic signatures to pdf documents. I want to know how folks control the self-made certificates to keep folks from making false self-made certificates. All the links I've found online go in circles. I can't seem to find anyone who knows anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both. People with a "Staff" banner under their logo are Adobe employees. The rest are users, just like yourself. Some of them have a lot of experience in this field, though, and often offer very knowledgeable responses.

It seems that this situation is not very common, or at least not very well known. Someone might still reply, but if you want to get a definite response you will need to pay Adobe for this kind of advanced Technical Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pay Adobe for technical support on a product that we already pay for? I just want to learn how to use the software we have. We have purchased Acrobat 11 and have several licenses of it. I can't for the life of me understand why it is so hard to figure out how to use something? Google searches haven't shown me any true answers yet.

I don't know if we need to purchase Adobe Sign or some other type of software. I don't know what we need...that's why I'm seeking assistance. Pay for assistance? I think not. That's absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing to know is that Acrobat XI is no longer supported by Adobe. That is probably the reason they sent you to the forums in the first place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what she said...in some broken Engrish. LOL

There has to be some simple solution. We can't be the first company to want to learn how to use Electronic Signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can store certificates on LDAP servers for each individual. And you can tell Acrobat not to allow self-signed certificates (This is probably a registry setting, but can be set during deployment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

margueritek  wrote

You can store certificates on LDAP servers for each individual. And you can tell Acrobat not to allow self-signed certificates (This is probably a registry setting, but can be set during deployment).

That sounds like exactly what I'm trying to learn how to do. I just wish I could talk to a human that can explain it so that I can understand how to do this. I figured if I called Adobe they could explain it to me. Apparently I was wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why does every one of my replies now state "Currently being moderated?" Am I in some kind of forum jail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe support team won't be able to tell you how to setup the LDAP server. Also, rather than disabling self sign, which requires a registry change that may not have been applied to employees home computers, you should instead set a seed value on the signature field that sets which certificate authority can be used to sign the field.

This is all a bit more complicated than what Adobe's product support can (or should) handle. This is about infrastructure, not Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've read through that. All the links such as "www.adobe.com/go/learn_acr_security_en " are invalid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines