• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Display Number of Pages in Open PDF Document? (Used to be in Status Bar)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in earlier versions of Adobe Acrobat Pro the "number of pages" in the open document was displayed in the "status bar" at bottom left of window.

In AAProDC this is MIA.  Now the fastest way to get this information appears to be to click the arrow on the left of the window to open the pages pane.  Not as fast as the info being displayed alongside the page dimension information.

See screenshot below.

I've looked in the options/preferences to see if one can change what is shown in the "status bar" - but I don't see this possibility.  Can Is this possible?

This functionality appears to have also disappeared in Acrobat Reader

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the Toolbar, then choose Customize Quick Tools and choose "Page number"

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 2.10.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 2.15.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and this feature takes up valuable space in the Toolbar - which is now at a premium given the enlarged size of the icons (to try and make a single UI design work for both touch and mouse - sigh). 

The old functionality of displaying current and total number of pages in status bar was better - and its odd since the size of the document pages *is* still displayed there - they just removed the current page / total number of pages - sigh.  #GoingBackwards

Any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your thoughts on the Acrobat User Voice page: 

Here are a couple of requests that are along similar lines:

Full Tools, Menu customisation

Different approach to toolbar layout

Time saving toolbars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Adobe is horrible.  Can't see page numbers.  Makes it useless.  Bad 'upgrade'.

No I will not be buying or using Adobe anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - the new version IS TERRIBLE.
I want to know which page number I am on
I want to know how many page numbers there are.
Imagine for a moment is a book, magazine, newspaper, anything else
had NO PAGE NUMBERS - rediculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ridiculous "upgrade".  This is almost a useless prodcut with these changes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  From an upstream prepress perspective, this is horrible.   Adobe needs to fix this asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose to disable the new experience. The new experience was awful, so bulky, hard to naviagate and made no sense. Why would you get rid of the number of pages etc? Hopefully if enough people ditch the 'new and improved' it will send a message that this update is terrible and whoever approved it should reconsider. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness someone mentioned that this can be disabled! The 'New Experience' is a horrendous step backwards! Here is how to turn it off and return to normal:

Turning off Adobe Acrobat New Experience (New Look)
  1. Windows: Click the hamburger menu ( the three horizontal lines) at the upper left corner and choose to Disable new Acrobat.
  2. macOS: Go to View > Disable new Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just disabled it.  Thank you all.  Adobe sent a question as to why I was disabling, and I told them it was about those page numbers.  I was wondering why on one computer I was seeing the new version and on another I was seeing the old version.  When my IT guy set these up we were struggling with subscription for the Adobe account in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! i use the page number/count everytime I use acrobat. I'm glad there is a way to make it re-appear! Won't be using the new UI, spent a lot of time looking for something they took out, not sure why???!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled the new adobe and also downloaded Foxit.  I won't let Adobe ever upgrade my computer again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh.
Too bad they think the new version is actually good.
Now, if they had split screens so then I can view several parts at the same time.
This is especially useful when you're reading something technical and gotta flip

back and forth.  Not everything is a novel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I disable it, I must restart AR. However, when the POS restarts, it is back to the "new" design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this advice - new version does suck horribly in many ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info!  I just disabled it and it's back to normal.  The update was terrible and I hated not having the page numbers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A horrible view.  It's too much work to bumble around and not find what I need.  Disabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though this thread started in 2018, I just now (November 2023) had a similar experience . . . and I hate it . . . and thank you VERY much for sharing how to disable it! 👍👍👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the growing number who view this upgrade as a backwards step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed the "new experience" is a step backward!  Why does a "new experience" (software companies are really wearing this phrase out) more often than not make an application harder to use or, at the very least more time need to use the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Restore Menu Bar in Adobe Reader

https://youtu.be/zFkjvUxkSS0

In this step-by-step tutorial, Learn How to Restore Menu Bar in Adobe Reader | Adobe Reader Tools Menu Missing | Adobe Reader Toolbar Missing Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'Fair Use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines