• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic 7.1 Library 1:1 Gray Develop 1:1 Correct Image - GPU Problem

Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 7.1 Win 10 Nvidia GTX 1050 [Driver 23.21.13.9077] 32GB RAM with GPU on Library module displays image at fit correctly but just gray at 1:1.  Switching to the Library module displays the image correctly at 1:1.  Library module displays 1:1 correctly with GPU off. My driver is the latest from Nvidia. I have the latest version of LR. Guidance?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave it off. It clearly isn't working right for you. Unless you have a 4k monitor, using the GPU makes little or no difference.

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd prefer to have it work properly than just turn it off, but I am aware that I can turn it off.  I have also noticed that the image displays properly 1:1 in the 2nd window loupe.  So why just the 1st window Library module? Seems like something Adobe should look at/explain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to complain to Adobe, find or start a thread at Photoshop Family Customer Community

That site is frequented by Adobe engineers; this site isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created an account and posted the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe a shot in the dark, but I think this might be caused by a defective monitor profile, although the GPU isn't used at all by the Library module as far as I know.

Try setting the monitor profile to sRGB (Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

If this fixes the problem, you should ideally calibrate your monitor with a hardware calibrator.

Go to Control panel > Color management, then add the sRGB profile and set it as default.

Make sure Use my settings for this device is checked.

Lightoom needs to be restarted to become aware of the new profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I swapped my recent ColorMunki profile for the sRGB, restarted LR. No change. The file is 23,414 x 5726. I have a two monitor setup but when I moved the LR window to the second monitor there was no change.

I'm also wondering, if the GPU isn't used by the Library module, why does turning it off correct the problem? Seems highly unlikely to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your original post, you claim both that it displays incorrectly at 1:1 in the Library module and that it displays correctly at 1:1 in the Library module. I didn't notice the discrepancy, and I assumed that it failed in the Develop module and worked in the Library module. Could that assumption have been correct after all?

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I thought I had edited that correction. Works in Develop module and Loupe view of 2nd window in Library module but not primary display in Library module with GPU enabled. Disabling the GPU corrects the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Makes no sense to me, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't expect it will be resolved.   Adobe does seem more interested in incorporating new technology than fixing programming errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines