• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change lightroom 2015 to lightroom classic CC

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

change from “lightroom 2015” to “lightroom Classic CC”?

Lightroom catalog can not be opend because it says – it is occupied by an other application -

I got the hint to remove the file “[Lightroom].Ircat.lock” – but this file is not found on the iMAC?

there is no file with ".lock" as end on the iMAC?

How to proceed?

thank you in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title of your post is confusing. Did this happen after upgrading your CC 2015 catalog to Classic?

Are you sure that you're looking in the correct folder? Maybe your're looking in the CC 2015 catalog folder?

Also, you need to have file extensions enabled to see the .lock extension. I'm not a Mac person, but instructions are here:

macOS Sierra: Show or hide filename extensions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your operating system's search feature to search for all files whose name ends with .lock

Delete the .lock file found in the folder which also contains your catalog file. Do not delete the catalog file itself, just the .lock file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I like to say it in detail:

1. I used Lr 2015 so far

2. I installed Lr Classic CC (because Lr2015 coult not import the RAWs of my new Camera "Sony Alpha 9"

3. As I tried to start with Lr Classic CC – I got the Massage:

“Der Lightroom-Katalog “Lightroom Catalog” kann nicht geöffnet werden, da er bereits von einer anderen Anwendung geöffnet wurde.“

Means, as I anderstand it “the catalog can not be opend because it is used from other application”

4. I found the Information from adobe: I have to remove the file: [Lightroom].Ircat.lock

5. But on my iMAC I did not found such a file, even not with the search for “.lock”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines