• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and Video go out of sync after 10-15 seconds

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know why sometimes my footage and it's audio goes out of sync after around ten seconds, I always thought it was something to do with the video and sound frame rate, but on my previous recording I used 24fps to record my video and a 48000 sample rate for the audio, which are matches and it still happened. It only happens occasionally with my smartphone and webcam recordings, it has never happened with my Canon 60D or Sony XDCAM recordings. But it happens all the time with my screen recording. I use Screenbits for my screen recorder and I don't see how its an app fault as the app is trusted by windows store and cost me £18, plus when i play the recording in my video playing software it is all perfectly synced.

Another forum said I need to make the file type a .mov file instead of an MP4 file, i tried this and it made no difference.

It's really starting to get annoying and i can do with a solution to the problem.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen recording is VFR, variable frame rate, for the video, though the audio is constant. PrPro has been set for CFR use ... constant frame rate. The cameras are all CFR. Which version of PrPro are you using? Number-dot-number form specifically please!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Screenbits by default and in order to get the best performance, records in variable frame-rate (VFR). Looks like Adobe Premiere Pro does not handle audio in variable frame-rate videos properly. A similar topic can also be found here: Re: Audio out of sync Premiere pro cc 2017

If you have a powerful graphics card, you can suggest the recorder to try to record in constant frame-rate (CFR) to avoid this issue. Just uncheck the following option: Record -> Settings -> Video -> Prefer variable frame-rate. Please be aware that If your system cannot perform well enough to record in CFR at the specified frame-rate, the program will fall back to VFR.

Another solution is to transcode the file and convert it to CFR as suggested by an Adobe Staff in the topic I mentioned above:

It happens when the Video/Audio is recorded in variable frame rate.

Just for a test, Please transcode the files in https://handbrake.fr/  to constant frame rate & test again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually 12.0.1 (January update) added VFR support for most VFR media. Some seem still problematic but my Samsung S7 video works fine.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil for letting me know. There is also a blog post here about the update but this feature seems to be available for 2018 version only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it's in the most recent update. Nothing is ever added 'backwards', of course. For older versions, using Handbrake to convert to CFR is needed. Remember to both click the CFR button, and set a specific number frame rate or if left at 'original' or 'auto' setting for frame-rate, it will still produce VFR.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premier CC 2018

Unless i really need too, i don't wanna re-record my 1hour screen record in a constant frame rate, nor do i want to spend 4hrs re-syncing the audio and video every 10 seconds Is they any tool or anything in Premier Pro i can try first.

As for screenbits, I do not think my computer has a graphics card, from what i know only gaming computers do, this is not a gaming computer. But if it helps i can tell you it's stats.

Type: Acer U27-880

Description: It is a black all in one touch screen, designed for multi-tasking and working advanced computer software, i bought it from currys pc world in October 2017, it cost £1199 excluding the virus protection, office app ect..

Processor: 7th gen, Intel (R) Quad Core (TM) i5-72000 CPU @ 2.50GHz up too 2.90GHz

Installed Ram: 8gb (Can add optane for an additional 8gb ram)

System type: 64=bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10, version 1709

OS Build: 16299.192

Other facts

It's CPU works as a liquid loop.

The Screen resolution is 1920 x1080

It has a 10-point touch feature

Face login feature

2x 3.0 USB ports 1x 2.0USB port

Wireless keyboard and mouse.

That's everything it says on either the pc's box, or it's about section in settings.

Hope this helps, thanks for your responses so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall if VFR support was there in the original 2018 release, the 12.0 build. I know it was in the update that car out last fall. 12.0.1 or .2, something like that.

If you are on the 12.0, update to 12.0.1 or whatever the current build is. That should run this ok.

If you still are having trouble, uding the free Handbrake app is the way we transcode VFR to CFR, and then use that in PrPro. I don't have the link on my phone but the site is handbrake.fr I think.

When using that make sure the first tab is showing it using your frame size, the next tab "video" has the circle by CFR checked AND that you set a number as the frame rate, NOT an auto or same as option.

Then up the quality to at least level 4.2 and "near placebo". For that long a vid, it might run overnight. But you'd have a file that would import properly into PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Neil mentioned, you need to update your 2018 Premiere. Also, converting a VFR to CFR video is a straightforward task, it's not like that you need to spend 4 hours re-syncing every 10 seconds. You just give the app your video file and it will convert it for you.

Your device does not have a separate graphics card but it comes with a Intel HD Graphics 620 which seems to support H.264 encoding. You can try to record in CFR by Screenbits using the approach I mentioned earlier. However, I still recommend to go with the other approaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I get VFR footage, I use Handbrake to transcode it to CFR...

Hope this helps.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have begun screen recording footage with CFR, and it was successful once, but didn't work 2 other times, i double checked the setting was on every time and it was. So, I'm guessing its related to a premier pro setting. I just don't know what.

PS: I've been too busy to carry on resolving this issue, but am still having it.

I can encode up too H.264 4k

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned earlier, you cannot rely on the recorder to record in CFR every time. It depends on performance of your system  at the time of recording and settings (frame/rate, quality, etc) . If the system doesn't perform fast enough at a moment during recording, recorder immediately falls back to VFR and continues to record in that way.

If you want to get consistent results, you should go with the other options. Did you try to use handbrake to convert the video or update Adobe 2018 Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this problem.

I have used handbrake, but could not find the option to convert to CFR. Is this the correct app? Whch option?Screenshot 2018-03-06 22.11.57.png

I am also not 100% sure if my Adobe Premier Pro is updated. How do i find out?

Sorry to be a pain guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's right there ... Constant Framerate, you need to click the circle-button thing to the left of it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines