Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting as JPG makes photo dark and muddy

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've searched the forums and found some similar issues, but still cant manage to fix mine with the answers provided there.

When exporting a photo from Photoshop as JPG, the image ends up pretty darker and messed up looking. (if re-opened of PS it looks fine)
I tried exporting as JPG, both with or without converting to sRGB and/or including color profile.
I tried saving for web same as above.
I tried converting it myself and saving as JPG.
They all look darker and muddy on Windows viewer and Internet browsers (uploaded via Facebook) except for the one WITHOUT conversion, and saved as JPG from Save as.
Even that fine one gets destroyed pretty bad on Firefox tho(via Facebook), it looks fine on Microsoft Edge and Chrome.

Could it be the conversion from LR prophoto to PS? Wrong working space profile or my monitor profile? Or what else?
Im using a 2 weeks old BenQ BL2711U monitor

Thank you very much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Image tend to be print dark when you edit with you display to bright they print dark but look OK on you display.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines