• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click shows targeted layer in layers panel not working

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, when I right click and select a layer or group from the drop-down, it will show me where the targeted layer is in the layers panel (regardless if it was hidden in a group or artboard). This for some reason is no longer working, not sure if I activated/deactivated something but I'd like to have this back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use artboards so I do not know what drop-down you are referring too.  If all setting look good and you reset all tool and that did not fix your problem try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work fine for me. In the right click, you see every layer underneath the pixel you're clicking. You can then use the drop-down to get your focus on that layer (so you're moved to that layer in the layer panel). If you want to ONLY SEE the layer - you choose the layer you want to see, then go back and select Isolate Layer in the drop-down menu. That filters away all the other layers in your image.

This, all assuming you're talking CC2018?

Hope this helps.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The targeted layers only appear upon right click if the move tool is selected. It's possible that you had another tool selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing. Driving me mad and included a number or restarts. But I noticed it didn't affect other photoshop documents.
Finally I realised the problem was that I had accidently activated quick mask in the toolbox. (second from bottom in my toolbox). Once deactivated all back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you sir are a life saver, many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you life saver 2ouche, this was driving me nuts trying to figure out why this happened.  all fixed now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines