Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color distorted on imported PNG

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have been having this problem since the update on Photoshop CC this week.

The images I import (either the PS directly or to already opened project) get this really weird color static that I can't get rid off (example below, it changes every time I open the image again on PS)

スクリーンショット 2018-01-26 14.23.51.png

I have no idea how to solve this and I couldn't find any kind of explanation online...

This mainly happens when I try to use screenshots that I took (either from desktop to PS or iPhone to PS). I don't know if it's a factor, but just throwing it out there.

For me there is no option on NOT using this PNGs because they are needed for my work;;;

Anyone else having this problem?

Sorry for taking your time, and thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

This issue should be fixed with the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.2) update which is now available.

Please install the update and let us know if you still see this issue.

To update, click Update next to Photoshop CC in the Creative Cloud desktop application.

If you don't see the update right away, click the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Check for App Updates.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, that worked!!

You are a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this is no proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool and some Filter acceleration for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look if you can find an updated driver for your GPU on the manufactures web site.

BTW: It would be nice to post details on your graphics to help other users with the same config.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here are my specs

スクリーンショット 2018-01-30 16.38.42.png

I updated my computer to the latest iOS version and reinstalled Photoshop. At times there is a solution (the images look good) but on other times they act weirdly again.

Seems that is what c.pfaffenbichler​ said, a GPU problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved my life, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaffenbichler may be right. If not, this looks to me like a corrupted file. Is the OS preview OK?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they were right.

As for the preview in OS, the screenshots look fine and with out any distortion.

That's what tripped me the most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I'm having the exact same problem with just PNG's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company was about to buy me a new computer, but at the end I got in contact with Adobe and they helped me fix it.

I don't know if it's because of this, but since then Photoshop is super faulty. Lags and brushes don't work;;;;

If you wanna try, this is what they told me to do:

• Close Photoshop
  • Open it again and just as it does Shift + Opt + Command
  • A pop up will appearスクリーンショット 2018-02-08 15.52.03.png
  • Click yes and PS

Basically, what this does (for what I could gather from my experience) is that deletes all your saved preferences in PS. SAVE your brushes, patterns, gradients, etc before doing this!!!! I was lucky to have some back up from a couple of months ago, otherwise I would have lost most of the stuff I need for work.

Tbh, I tried re-installing before contacting Adobe because I thought it could do the trick but it didn't do anything.This at least is working so far.

It had another step before this, but I can't recall exactly what I had to do;;;

• I remember it had to do something with the navigation bar on top of the screen (Finder bar) of the desktop.
  • You go to the 4th tab (Transfer??? 移動 for me, sorry!) and while clicking Option you go to Library (ライブラリ).
  • There you look for Adobe and you drag the folder "Photoshop CC 2018" to your desktop.

スクリーンショット 2018-02-08 15.58.26.png

To me, this pretty much did what I explained previously of deleting the setup

Since I don't remember the instructions 100% correctly, please do it at your own risk.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link c.pfaffenbichler​! Tried it and still gives me the same problem every now and then...

Hope they fix this bug soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the 19.1.1 update and did the issue persist?

Edit: Alas, more waiting seems to be in order …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem! I was also waiting it to be fixed on this update but it seems it's more complicated than expected.

Thanks for the follow up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the screenshot format to JPG
Type or paste the following line into a Terminal window and hit the Return key to execute the command:

defaults write com.apple.screencapture type jpg;killall SystemUIServer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed with the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1.2) update which is now available.

Please install the update and let us know if you still see this issue.

To update, click Update next to Photoshop CC in the Creative Cloud desktop application.

If you don't see the update right away, click the 3 dots in the upper right and choose Check for App Updates.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was actually really enjoying using this glitch to create some interesting artistic results. I'm sad that it doesn't work (or NOT work) anymore. Any suggestion on how to recreate this effect? Or perhaps an explanation of what was actually going on with the glitch might give me some insight on how to recreate it?

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 12.03.10 AM.png

I posted a bunch of these to my instagram account: @evanjed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter > Distort > Displace separately applied for the three Channels separately would offer an option.

crowDisplaceTestScr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I played around with the displace filter on the different color layers and achieved some interesting results. I'm still a little confused about what's going on in your images though. Could you provide a little more detail about the transitions from image to image? Where are those diagonal lines coming from? And what happens between the 4th and 5th images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second through fourth images are the Displacement Maps I used on one Channel each in the fourth image.

The diagonal lines are just a rotated line pattern I added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, ok! I've played with the displace filter a ton in the last 48 hours, and I think I'm finally getting it! I've been exploring lots of filters and different manipulative techniques, and have been getting some interesting results.Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 1.38.01 PM copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 1.37.30 PM copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Olá.

Agora quando importo um PNG para o Photoshop, a imagem perde as cores originais.

Alguém consegue ajudar a resolver o problema?

Tanto faz se é um PNG com 72dpi ou com 300dpi.

Se for JPG as cores ficam impecáveis. Se eu abrir o PNG normalmente no PC, vejo bem as cores....só se perdem quando abro a imagem no Photoshop. Deve ser bug do Photoshop.

Já fechei tudo, reiniciei o iMac e nada.

Obrigado.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines