• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deploying DC 2018 via SCCM

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I deploy DC 2018 version on computer who already has 2018 version, it doesn't install.

My SCCM application version : 2018.009.20044

My client version : 2018.009.20050

My client has a regular user installation (He is on Windows 10 and he installed the version from the easy setup on Adobe)

Mine (SCCM) is a professionnal one (The one who allows the .exe download, to get the .msi).

My question is : Is it ok ? Or it should push a new version (SCCM one) ?

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Hi Lancelotmarie,

The system won't allow you to install Acrobat 2018.009.20044 as it is already installed on the client machines with the higher update patch. If I understood your question correctly.

What you do you meant the client has regular user installation and your is a professional one? Do you mean your client has Acrobat Standard installed? Even if that is the case, you have to first uninstall existing installation and then install the Professional version.

Hope that answers your questio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lancelotmarie,

The system won't allow you to install Acrobat 2018.009.20044 as it is already installed on the client machines with the higher update patch. If I understood your question correctly.

What you do you meant the client has regular user installation and your is a professional one? Do you mean your client has Acrobat Standard installed? Even if that is the case, you have to first uninstall existing installation and then install the Professional version.

Hope that answers your question.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tariq,

Thank you very much for your fast answer. It is what i asked for.

My client (an IT partner), has a basic installation, as any person could have installed by the regular way of get.adobe.com website.

But, strangely, I just see on the website (get.adobe.com) that the last version available is the one installed via SCCM (2018.009.20044). So I wonder how did he do to get the latest version that i don't see on the website.

Best regards,

-Lancelot Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Tariq,

You marked my post as helpful, but did you notice that ? "But, strangely, I just see on the website (get.adobe.com) that the last version available is the one installed via SCCM (2018.009.20044). So I wonder how did he do to get the latest version that i don't see on the website."

Have a great day,

-Lancelot Marie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic updates probably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this automatic update isn't available on the Adobe website ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lancelot,

If you open this link and check the latest patch available: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products 18.009.20050 and is mentioned optional. Because it is a fix patch, Out of cycle patch, this will be included in the next quarterly update patch.

As Test Screen Name mentioned, it can be updated via application itself, while checking for updates under Help menu. Also, it can be patched with application manually.

Hope that answers your question.

-Tariq Dar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is. What makes you feel that it is not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is, did you try Help > Check for Updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks "Test Screen Name" and Tariq for your good answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines