Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install PS 6 on macOS high Sierra

Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit CC Abo and would like to return to my last purchased Photoshop Version PS6. Use macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. I have downloaded installation file Photoshop_13_LS4.dmg.

When trying to install comes the message: „Installer failed to initialize. There may be a missing file. Download Adobe Support Advisor to identify the problem." The link http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer does not lead to Adobe Support Advisor.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance

Wolfgang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

But those instructions are for CS6, not PS6, which is what you said you had...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use ancient apps, also use an ancient system. If you want to stay up to date on Macs, subscribe to apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use the Terminal to run the Installer. Please follow the instructions carefully.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

It will work, but there will be no more updates.

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Works/Does Not Work Thread | MacRumors Forums  CS6 is reported to work there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But those instructions are for CS6, not PS6, which is what you said you had...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fact I have CS6. did not know the difference

W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything less than CS3 will not work on an Intel based Mac running HS. That's how I knew you meant CS6 and not the old Motorola based PS 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have just installed CS6 on my iMac Mini purchased this week (late March 2018), which is running MacOS 10.13.3 High Sierra, and the applications I have tried (i.e. opened but not used) have all opened without incident. I used the following instructions, which I compiled from various sources:

1) Download and install Legacy “Java for OSX 2017–001” (upper left-hand option) from: https://support.apple.com/downloads/java

2) Use Unix Terminal to run the CS6 Installer, which is explained with screen dumps at: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

i) Mount the Disk Image file for the Creative Suite 6 application.

ii) Open the mounted DMG file.

iii) Right-click Install.app and select Open Package Contents from the context menu.

iv) Navigate to Contents > MacOS.

v) Double-click the Unix executable titled Install.

3) When prompted, insert your serial number for CS6.

4) If your CS6 licence depends on an earlier, qualifying package (e.g. CS5), then you will be asked to insert that serial number also.

5) There may be a need to quit some background processes (e.g. SafariBookmarksS…. And SarariCouldHisto…) using Activity Monitor (in the Utilities Applications folder):

Go to Applications > Utilities to find Activity Monitor, and launch it by double-clicking its icon. (The Applications folder is on the root level of your hard drive.)

In the Activity Monitor, select the process (one at a time) with the full name (e.g. SafariBookmarksS…), then click the upper-left button on that window (an X in a circle) to close the process.

6) The terminal installer will not automatically place aliases in the dock, so you will have to go into each of the CS6 folders to insert the alias (click, hold and drag the app icon into the dock).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines