• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse 2018.0 won't quit

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Muse 2018.0 and suddenly it decides it won't allow me to quit it - I have to use Force Quit. All the quit options are greyed out in the menu. Was working fine without issue and I then decided to re start my machine after leaving it in sleep mode for about a week. Using iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) with 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16Gb RAM with Sierra 10.12.6. Could it be preferences have become corrupted? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

I‘d remove the actual version too using the CC Desktop App by choosing the option, to delete the Preferences too. This option appears, after choosing to delete the app by using the CC Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

Can you check if it works when you are not connected to internet?

Regards,

Akshay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it still happens, even with Internet connection turned off. It runs fine for a while and then 90% of the menu items and quit are greyed out. I have to force quit the aplication. Occasionally, whne I try to double click on the Muse file I was working on to re open /launxh Muse again, it comes up with "This file is open in a different version of Muse". It refrers to the Beta 2017.0.1 Pre Release whihc is still in my applciations. Could this be interfering with 2018.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Do you have different versions of Muse on your machine?
  • Did you try to switch off your machine for a minute, restart it and restart Muse again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have re booted machine. I also have a Beta version of Muse in my applications (Adobe Muse CC Prerelease 2017.0.1). I've just performed uninstall to remove and will see if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I‘d remove the actual version too using the CC Desktop App by choosing the option, to delete the Preferences too. This option appears, after choosing to delete the app by using the CC Desktop App.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gunter, I have removed the Beta app and the Muse 2018 from the CC app with the prefs and now re installed after a re boot. All seems ok so far....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let’s hope the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem with Muse 2017 and 2018. I've uninstalled and deleted the application and preferences and rebooted, still the same. Are there any old preference files that might be lurking in the System, and how would I find them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there seems to be a deep seated issue lurking. One site in particular has issues (fairly complex drop down accordion on several breakpoints) and a number of Muse Themes widgets. The site seems to exhaust the cache and then will either crash or not allow quitting. I have uninstalled (including prefs) and re installed several times and re booted (generally leave machine to sleep) to no avail. Any ideas Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. I have to force quit the Muse CC 2018 (Mac) app, which shows in the Force Quit menu as not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly – not responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Adobe Muse CC 2018 AMT

This is now the only folder I have here. There were older versions, which I have deleted.

Muse nows quits perfectly. Running OS 10.13.3 on 2017 5K iMac – all CC applications running perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines