• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering albums on Lightroom Web

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using LR CC to make my workflow more mobile, but boy is it a PITA! So, I imported some photos using CC from an SD card into my portable drive. When I came home, I synced my LR Desktop, but the files downloaded into my "Pictures" folder. After setting up preferences to use a different folder for CC ecosystem, I restarted LR, but nothing happened, it kept re-downloading those files to the same location. So I deleted that collection by mistake.

I guess, the question I have is, when you delete something and it gets synced, does it get deleted on the cloud or moved to some kind of a recycle bin from where the files and albums can be recovered?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

The cache is needed on the internal drive in the default location. You can restrict the size (default 25%) which will regulate how quickly originals automatically drop out of the cache.

If you have enabled the storage of a local copy (in addition to the original in the cloud) you can change the location e.g. to another data partition or external hard drive. Any exiting local copies will get moved to the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting from an album only removes the images from that album.

You need to delete from All Photos to permanently delete images from the cloud. But there is no recycle bin. Once deleted from all photos they are gone which is why a warning message is given for your confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for clarifying that. How about the CC ecosystem folder in preferences? Any idea why updating it doesn’t move the images to the new location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The cache is needed on the internal drive in the default location. You can restrict the size (default 25%) which will regulate how quickly originals automatically drop out of the cache.

If you have enabled the storage of a local copy (in addition to the original in the cloud) you can change the location e.g. to another data partition or external hard drive. Any exiting local copies will get moved to the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines