• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logo in photoshop --> Vector/pixels?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a logo for the business of someone I know, but I'm not a professional. Another friend of that someone claims that because I made the logo in Photoshop CC, if she wanted to print the logo or put it on a website it will become very pixelated and ugly. But the logo, exported to PNG, is now 1733 x 1733. Do you think that is a realistic problem? Do I need to make it a vector in Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

png is a pixel image format so the image is not vector and output quality can be a legitimate concern.

Have you created the logo in Photoshop using Type Layers, Shape Layers, Vector Masks?

If so you should be able to maintain that content as type/vector in certain file formats (pdf, svg, eps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe type layers, It's not that complicated of a file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the layered file including the Layers Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Designing a logo as vectors is good working practice. But your nice big size of 1733 pixels should be OK up to about 6 inches Unless it has fine text in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine text?

It has 3 capital letters in it, with some watercolour drawings in the background of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naamloos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you rasterised the type and thus needlessly degraded the potential output quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So shall I make it in Illustrator again? I don't want to deliver half-work of you know what I mean. Or can I make a new psd-file and make it again without rasterizing it? She wants business cards and a website where she wants to use the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already told you file formats one can save out of Photoshop and that can support vector data.

Do the Smart Objects hold more »resolution«?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already told you file formats one can save out of Photoshop and that can support vector data, but if you want to combine vector and transparency Illustrator may be the better option.

Do the Smart Objects hold more »resolution«?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines