Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG created in photoshop corrupted

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Over the past week I have had issues when I export a png from a photoshop file, this can happen using both export as and quick export, and when I come to place the png into another document it looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 13.59.34.png

it is supposed to look like this:

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 14.00.00.png

I have had it with nearly every png I have exported recently - is anyone else having this problem and do you know how to fix it?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Hi All,

This issue has been reported as a bug and we are working towards a fix.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same here, old fashioned pixelated screens... Restart mac nor restart photoshop helped.

problems-placing-png.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Renate,

Thank you for your post, can you see the image as a preview in finder ok? As I can so it looks like the file is ok until it comes to putting it into photoshop then it is corrupted.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucyo62559837,

When I open or preview it is ok. After a second restart of my computer and photoshop it looks ok. But this is the third time it happens... only restarting a couple of times helps. Something I look forward too 😜

Still a have a problem with the quality of the smartlayers but that is a whole other discussion 😉

Have a wonderful day

Renate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too.  And if relink an old png in Photoshop that previously worked well, it is now displaying in a messed-up corrupt fashion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the SAME. I saved my logo as a png, and have been placing it on my images for a year, now suddenly when I import my logo as a png, it’s corrupted! I’ve tried renaming, resaving the psd, and neither help. So.... what do I do? I’m putting together marketing materials, and I need these to

go to print today! Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

readyaimeeshoot  wrote

I am experiencing the SAME. I saved my logo as a png, and have been placing it on my images for a year, now suddenly when I import my logo as a png, it’s corrupted! I’ve tried renaming, resaving the psd, and neither help. So.... what do I do? I’m putting together marketing materials, and I need these to

go to print today! Help!!

Where do you store the PNG file? Is it on a NAS or local drive? Are you using a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s on a local drive. I’m using a MacBook Pro.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing thats works for me is restarting computer (after I tried several times to close and open Photoshop) and making sure Creative Cloud is well installed. Unfortunately I have to do it at least once a day... soon I will stop using Photoshop, advising my clients to stop using photoshop and start using the sketchapp . I cannot work like this and am losing money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a lots of PNG files. New or old files, made with Photoshop on a MAC or other programs on a PC with Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does this happen with OLD files not saved again, that were once OK, and now are not, viewed OUTSIDE Photoshop? (If so, Photoshop isn't doing it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is definitely photoshop. It happens when placing a file into a photoshop document. It happens with files:

- from the creative cloud library

- placed with drag and drop

- copy pasted

Didn't happen before with the same workflow. Working with photoshop for over 15+ years now, this is a recent bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 19.1: PNG Images Opens with Distortion | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Please try turning off

Preferences > Plug-Ins > »Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet« and »Load Extensions Panel«

as per the advice in the thread above.

Does it make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the tip... I didn't find that thread, works fine alright. But what happened to my Creative Cloud Libraries.... I need those. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it appears Adobe personnel is aware of and working on the issue but for now you seem to have two choices and each one has its drawbacks …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, happy to know that they know!! and are working on it.

Thank you for your replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I guess another option would be rolling back to CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's happening to me too. CC 2018. PNGs whether opened, imported, or placed and linked or embedded, are coming into the document looking corrupted. Preview in Finder looks fine.

Happening with pretty much all PNGs. Restarting Photoshop sometimes works temporarily, sometimes not.

Super hard to work this way.

And yes, I did the Prefs setting change listed earlier in thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried turning off

Preferences > Plug-Ins > Allow Extensions …

Preferences > Plug-Ins > Load Extension Panels

and restarting Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue as well for the past few weeks. Usually restarting Photoshop fixes it, sometimes I do have to relink the file. It doesn't seem to matter if it's local or server based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue has been reported as a bug and we are working towards a fix.

Regards,

Gautam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This problem should be fixed after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update. You can install this update via Creative Cloud desktop app.

Also, you can refer the list of the fixed issues after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update, here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines