Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat bug - blank page

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've searched and scoured forums for an answer befitting my problem, but still to no avail!

I created a PDF document in InDesign where one of the pages uses white text against a colored background (all of the other pages are black text against white background). And when I export the document and open it in Acrobat, this last page always appears blank (even though my default 'create a new page' has an image in the header and page numbers - when I add a new page with nothing else on it after my problem page and export, I still come across the same problem on my color-background page with white text).

Using Apple Preview there is no problem - the same document is flawless, this page looking normal with text, background and all. Plus, when testing on my colleagues computers using Acrobat, there is no problem! And they had all of the default settings too. The page appears perfectly. Additionally, I have other similar documents (with one single page where there's white text + color background) and they all have the same bug! Only on my computer though. It's definitely something in my settings, but what, I don't know. Page display, print overview, I've tried playing with all of the settings but nothing changes it.

I have tried resetting my preferences, uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat, and still nothing works. Any tips or advice is welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Worth looking under Accessibility preferences, since they can recolour black to white and other things, but it doesn't sound like them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing (use the Insert Image tool from the forum itself, do not reply by email)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page 17 in Acrobat :Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 17.09.59.png

Same doc, page 17 in Preview : Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 17.10.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - Page Display and tick "Show large images".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, on a Mac it's under the "Acrobat" menu, not under Edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, 'Show Large Images' has already been ticked

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 17.58.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the file with us (via Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, it can be downloaded from here : https://s3.amazonaws.com/uvi/SC62-Meteor/meteor_manual.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine in Acrobat and Reader XI on Windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned, it works perfectly fine for all of my colleagues as well. It just seems to be a bug with my settings in Acrobat. By any chance do you know of a way to do a hard reset on all of the Acrobat parameters? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the white text isn’t set to overprint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worth looking under Accessibility preferences, since they can recolour black to white and other things, but it doesn't sound like them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's it, thank you! 'Replace Document Colors' was ticked in Accessibility - unmarking it solved my problem. Excellent, thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 10.54.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines