Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a fly though 100 objects

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello world

I am looking for a way to create a fly through a 100 signs that feature consecutive numbers. First time using expressions. Anyone can break is down?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have no experience in writing your own expressions, using my extension iExpressions sounds like a good solution.

Look for the different expressions in its "layer placement bundle":

Expressions | mamoworld

You could use the Distribute 3D Line to arrange the 100 layers all in one line in 3d space and play with the wiggle parameter of the expression to add some randomness such that they are not exactly on a line but placed a bit more randomly.

See here

Distribute 3D Line Expression | mamoworld

Alternatively, the Distribute 3D Circle & Spiral could also give you the layer placement you look for.

Of course the Distribute 3D Random is a possibility, too, but as you want to place them along a path that the camera can travel along, the line or spiral will probably make more sense. (with some wiggle for randomness - if you set frequency of wiggle to 0 it won't wiggle but still add randomness)

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds Great!

Thank you! i will attempt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines