• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip won’t show up in AE?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still only really know the basics of AE but I’ve been using it a couple of months now, I use windows and I’ve added a 2 hour clip into my composition (it’s a movie) so that I can cut it down but it’s not showing as a video and is only playing the audio. The little eye icon that allows you to turn on and off visuals won’t show up either. The size is 2.1GB. All other clips are working so I think it has to do with the size of length. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018
I’ve added a 2 hour clip into my composition (it’s a movie) so that I can cut it down but it’s not showing as a video and is only playing the audio.

you got 3 hour limit in Ae so that's not it. it's probably a codec issue but hold on - if you want to cut down a video, you can do that in an easy way in Premiere. if the video failed to load into Ae, I am guessing Premiere will have trouble with it too. try to transcode this footage through a software that let's you actually import it or even VLC P

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve added a 2 hour clip into my composition (it’s a movie) so that I can cut it down but it’s not showing as a video and is only playing the audio.

you got 3 hour limit in Ae so that's not it. it's probably a codec issue but hold on - if you want to cut down a video, you can do that in an easy way in Premiere. if the video failed to load into Ae, I am guessing Premiere will have trouble with it too. try to transcode this footage through a software that let's you actually import it or even VLC Player has a built in convert too. while you are at it - cut the part you want if it's just one.

if you do need to cut in Ae, don't drag it in the timeline just yet, click on it twice to open it in the footage window, trim your edit by using Ctrl+[] and only then create a composition from that file. it's Ae's source monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should NOT be using After Effects for this.  The task you are undertaking is to do video editing, and AE is the worst video editor outside of Microsoft Word. 

Learn how to use Premiere Pro.  Figure out the codec of this 2-hour clip you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines