Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Files On External Hard Drive?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm not sure what happened but I was working on stuff with my laptop at home and saving the files to an external hard drive. So today I brought my external hard drive to work and plugged it into my desktop and everything I saved to the drive from my laptop is gone? Just the files I made with CC on my laptop are gone, but the folder still has the modified date. Any help would be awesome.

Thank you,

Ray

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you were using which cc program to create files saved to your external hard drive? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver, photoshop and illustrator. I actually made a whole web site at home, saved it to external hard drive, brought drive to work and plugged it in to my desktop and the files are all gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plug it into your laptop and see if they're still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have to try it when I get home from work, I don't have my laptop with me. If they do show up on laptop how do I use the files on my desktop too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you saved them to that harddrive, they're still there.  why your desktop doesn't see them, i'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad, thanks for your quick response! I got home plugged the drive in and everything is still gone. Uuuhg. I have no idea what happened, but everything I saved from my laptop is missing. It's not in my recycle bin on the laptop or desktop. At least it was only 3 days of work I lost. I'll just have to re - do what I lost.  Might be time for a new external hard drive before I  do lose everything..

Thank you,

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that doesn't sound like a hardware problem.

you should search your laptaop for one of the missing file names and see if it's saved elsewhere.  also, if you could have accidently erased the files they're probably recoverable if you don't save anything over them; google <free file recovery software>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help kglad! The recovery idea brought them back. The program took a while to scan the whole drive but it restored the files. I did scan everything before I ran the recovery program, files where not found.

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great.

i always have two (or more) locations where i store production files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would recommend you to use Stellar Phoenix Windows data recovery - Home, this tool will help you to recover your lost files from the hard drive without facing any problem. This tool works on almost all Windows OS and restores your lost files from the external storage device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines