• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activation problem (Adobe CS3)

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CS3 user. I've formatted my computer and I'm in the process of reinstalling the program. After the program was installed, you entered the serial number and activated it. However, a message was raised informing you that you could not connect. How do I handle it?

[Discussion moved by moderator from Forum comments to Adobe Creative Cloud]

[Forum comments is intended for comments about the forum, not installation.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

So I fixed the issue.

Here are the steps to take:

1) Uninstall the CS3 program. I uninstalled all Adobe products.

2) Run the Adobe removal tool found here - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

3) You will still need to remove the file named cache.db (Windows 10 default location) found here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache" (without quotes). This can be accomplished by logging into your PC in safe mode because the file is locked by an Adobe p

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently Adobe have withdrawn support for Photoshop CS3, however by spending hours searching, it turns out that you can still use it (Supposedly) by getting another Product code from their site, I tried two new product codes and neither worked!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use the new codes to activate your old software. You must download the new (no activation) version and use the code supplied with that download. The sign-in page for the download is HERE. Be sure to read and follow all instructions.

Good luck.

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of these options and nothing has worked. Been on hold for over 1 hour when the automated message says wait times are greater than one minute. Well I guess they were right about that. Customer support for Adobe is bad. I don't think I will buy their products anymore and will advise everyone I know include my work not to use their product because of the lack of support.

It's sad when a business' first line of help is for the customer to research the problem themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobesupportsucksbad  wrote

I have tried all of these options and nothing has worked. Been on hold for over 1 hour when the automated message says wait times are greater than one minute. .

I, too, have tried the download/install of the "new (no activation) version 3 times and I still get the same activation request which, of course, fails.  Of course, it was impossible to de-activate the old CS3 because it became deactivated automatically when support was dropped.  That is what necessitated its removal and replacement.

I, too, have been attempting to start "chat" with a service rep and timed out twice!

Surely, there is a solution.

Where is service/support?  Do they read these messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 초롱노42573132 / Royd83612758 / Adobesupportsucksbad / KalRubinson,

Just to confirm, have you all tried the steps given in this help document to resolve this issue: Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8.​ If not then I would suggest you to give it a try.

Share the results with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I fixed the issue.

Here are the steps to take:

1) Uninstall the CS3 program. I uninstalled all Adobe products.

2) Run the Adobe removal tool found here - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

3) You will still need to remove the file named cache.db (Windows 10 default location) found here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache" (without quotes). This can be accomplished by logging into your PC in safe mode because the file is locked by an Adobe process and cannot be deleted unless you are in safe mode. Just search the web if you need to know how to log into safe mode.

4)  Adobe no longer has authentication servers for CS3 so you will need to obtain a new copy from Adobe and a new key from here - Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

5) Install CS3 from the newly downloaded files and use the new installation key given to you by Adobe.

This should fix your CS3 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know your issue is resolved and thanks for sharing the steps that helped you resolve the issue as this will surely help our other viewers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked.  Too bad that information was not clearly linked to the initial instruction set.  I wasted several hours retrying the initial instructions and another 2 hours trying to open a "chat" with customer service;  all unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont find   "a new key from here - Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8"

Where it is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those old instructsion no longer work

Adobe has COMPLETELY REMOVED all CS3 and earlier programs, and the activation servers

CS3 and earlier are dead products that may not be used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines