• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Will Not Open

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - Lightroom refuses to open and I cannot access customer service or find a solution.  Anyone have any idea how to fix this?  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a good chance you can get some help here.  But, you are going to have to volunteer a lot more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi-

I am not sure what is needed but basically when I try to open it on my Mac it starts to open and then goes straight to the window stating it quit unexpectedly and gives me the option to retry which I do and it just completely shuts down after that and same window pops up with option to send report to Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, you've offered that it is an Apple computer.

With that, there are two choices....software or hardware.

The software choice would start with doing a re-install. 

The hardware choice would start with going to a store with a Genius bar. 

If you can provide all the information about the computer itself and the software itself, there may be more choices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me!  It is Lightroom through my Creatuve Cloud subscription.  It should be the latest version as it is supposed to automatically update, and I do not show any updates available on the LR.  Because I cannot open it at all, I cannot confirm what version it is.  I just updated to the latest IOS - High Sienna, so perhaps there is a problem there?  My Bridge and Photoshop are operating just fine, even with the Apple update to the computer. Just LR will not work. I am going to close everything down again and try another reboot to see if that fixes it, after that I will try to call Apple.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an Apple person, so doing some guessing.....   I have read various posts that High Sierra has sometimes caused inconsistent and unpredictable results.  It matters not if it is Microsoft or Apple.  For the vast majority, it works fine.  But, a few people get pinched in updates.  

After the reboot, you might try using the Creative Cloud app to uninstall/reinstall Lightroom.  My guess is that it might re-install with references to any new High Sierra parameters. 

You might also try some google searches.   Doing so I found something like you describe: 

Known issues - Running Lightroom on macOS v10.13 High Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again!!  The reboot worked this time!  Darn computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good news.  Thanks for writing back that you have it working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines