• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Charged for 5 months after cancellation!!

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mid last year I stopped working as a contract designer and my Adobe Creative Cloud was provided by my new employer. I contacted Adobe Support sometime in April 2017 and went through the usual routine that I could not cancel immediately. The agreement which was reached was that I would receive 2 free months and would have to pay the monthly subscription until my contract ended in August 2017, and my account would be cancelled at that point.

I have been going through my credit card statements and email accounts linked to my Adobe Creative Cloud account and to my surprise discovered that I have continued to be charged every month for a service that was meant to have been cancelled in August 2017. They have charged me for a further 5 months of usage.

Today, when I contacted Customer Support through their chat interface, they went through the usual attempts to force me to continue my membership. I had to repeatedly explain that I have already cancelled my account, and that I would like a refund for the additional months that have been charged that I never agreed to.

Eventually, the Customer Support Representative, Himanshu, agreed to cancel the account without charging any additional penalties. With further insistence that I was not happy about being charged for 5 months additional fees he agreed to refund 1 of those months. At this point I informed Himanshu that Adobe was completely at fault for continuing to charge me when I had done everything correctly in cancelling my account. I was disconnected from the chat at this point. When I tried to log in again I could not go to the Customer Support chat as my account had been cancelled and the chat told me I had to use the forums.

This is absolutely unacceptable. Himanshu should have contacted me immediately through one of my contact details on my account to continue this conversation. Instead, I am now forced to go on a public forum and HOPE that someone at Adobe will read my email and respond.

I would like the following from Adobe Customer Support:

1.) A full refund of the 5 months of fees that were illegally charged against my credit card after I cancelled my account. You should have all of my account details attached to this account.

2.) An apology for this mistake and reassurance that the bug that caused this billing error to happen will be investigated and remedied.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

or contact the Adobe Twitter team at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

or contact the Adobe Twitter team at @AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been over a month an NO ONE from Adobe Support has contacted me, despite being tagged into this forum post. I am absolutely appalled by the Customer Service, or lack thereof at Adobe.

Please contact me immediately on the contact details that you have on my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  contact adobe as suggested last month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you luck.  I was wrongly charged a few times as well.

I have asked ADOBE many times to have my credit card removed to stop these errors, they refuse. They say it is not possible, even though my subscription is pre-paid for a year! I have had the wrong charges refunded, but what a hassle!  ​All other online payments I use allow you to remove your payment info. It is something that needs further investigation. It is not right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im dealing with that right now, 

I cancelled my monthly subscription in Nov 2018 ,  Adobe resumed charging me 20$ a month in Jan 2018 for the past 4 months!! WTF ??

So not cool,  now, Its on me to fix this and get my money back!   I have NOT used the software ONCE!!     Literally never used it, that is why I cancelled in the first place.   

I am expecting Adobe to call be back... wish me luck.

\Brad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me as well! I am absolutly positive I cancelled subcriptions and didn't realize I was being charged $60 a month for 5 + months for two different subscriptions. 

Once I noticed the charge, I went to cancel them and the same thing happened AGAIN. I cancelled them but noticed on my account they were still there. I contacted support and they were NOT able to refund me the $500+ that I was charged for softwares I didn't use. The fact that minutes before this conversation I attempted to cancel and it not go through AGAIN is insane to me. 

Support tried to get me to stay with Adobe offering me discounted prices for product but not allowing me a refund. I will never give money to Adobe again. Not unless I see the money I lost. Horrible service. Horrible canclation process. GET YOUR SYSTEM FIXED!!!!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just call your bank and dispute the charges. The adobe just simply hang up on me. I have been charged over a year without notice...So furious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does contacting a bank work for you? i cancelled subscription for my account long ago only to find out that they keep charging me 5 month later! Service support told me I have opened 2 account - 1 for my actual email address, another for my paypal email which I used for payment, not for subscription! this is insane!! now they ask me to pay cancellation fee for annual subscribtion which I was not aware to have! What a shady business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines