• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Library experienced accidental massive renaming

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Large amounts of my Lightroom Library are experiencing issues locating my files because for some reason Lightroom is searching for the my files names with dates added to the front (which do not exist).

Example:

I had uploaded and edited file "DSC01703.JPG" in Lightroom, and it was categorized properly in my system at the time. For some reason now Lightroom is Looking for "20170120-DSC01703.JPG" and thus can't find the image because the original file doesn't have the date listed before it on my hard drive. This is happening on a very large scale in my Lightroom Library. I know I can reload the image folders into Lightroom, but then I would lose all my edits.

Is there any way I can tell Lightroom to stop looking for the files with the date added on the front across my library or in one specific folder?

I really appreciate all your help guys!

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.55.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.54.33 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you Imported twice with a renaming instruction?  Do you now have duplicates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. I do have duplicates on some, but both are incorrectly renamed and unlocated by Lightroom as a result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due respect, but Lightroom doesn't do this without user control and direction.  To undo what is being done, there needs to be some sort of reconciliation of what you've done. 

What have you done to cause it to search for files?  My two guesses are duplicate Imports or something to do with intentional mass renaming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A look at the screen shots suggests we are in the wrong forum.  This needs to shift to "Classic".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really have no idea what I did to cause the shift because it was working properly at one point, and the duplicates are both named incorrectly. If I were to import the folder again, Do you know if there is a way to transfer the edits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my opinion, there are three solutions:

1. Restore a backup of your catalog file from before this renaming.
  2. Manually reconnect every photo, probably one by one.
  3. Import the photos again, copy the edits (probably one by one unless there is a plugin that can do this automatically)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines