• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diversity of people in images?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a school and shoot most of my own photos, but recently subscribed to Adobe Stock because I could see some areas where stock photos would be useful. I've been a little bit frustrated (and surprised in the year 2018) to find so many pages and pages of white children when I've done searches (with a sprinkling of Asian kids here and there). For example a search of kids+Legos.  There were a couple of darker skinned toddlers, but I didn't see any school-aged kids in photos that suited my purposes.

Is this something I'm going to encounter over and over again? Should I save my school the subscription money?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

It simply means that there aren't many photos portraying school aged children of colors playing lego, feel free to be more specific on your search terms i.e. "asian kids lego" or bit more general on your search "asian kids playing blocks" you may experience better results based on what's available.  And if you find some image you like, you can search based on that image by doing "find similar" search (you can see this menu from hover or from image details" at the same time you can remove some of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It simply means that there aren't many photos portraying school aged children of colors playing lego, feel free to be more specific on your search terms i.e. "asian kids lego" or bit more general on your search "asian kids playing blocks" you may experience better results based on what's available.  And if you find some image you like, you can search based on that image by doing "find similar" search (you can see this menu from hover or from image details" at the same time you can remove some of search terms on search input field - your results will be more.

For example: try this Asian photos, royalty-free images, graphics, vectors & videos | Adobe Stock

Hope this help, and sorry for inconvenience.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started