Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying template to imported topics creates book folder

Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applying the template creates a book folder for each topic (not visible in the Project view, but is visible in Windows Explorer) and moves the htm file into the folder. No other files are in the folder.

I am generating webhelp htm files, and providing the individual htm files to the developer, and the files must be in a specific folder (the one in which all of these book folders are created). Manually moving the files back to the correct folder is not doable - I generate frequently.

This does not seem to happen on all files, but on most. Any idea what is causing this, and how I can make it stop?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2009 Jan 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Lemme guess, you are using RoboHelp HTML 6, right? Sorry, there is no way I'm aware of to prevent it from happening. All you can really do is to clean up afterwards. The good news here is that you are aware that the topic is moved into the folder. The workaround is to simply move the topic back into the project folder from the book folder.

I don't believe this happens with RoboHelp 7.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2009 Jan 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, RH 6. Won't moving files outside of RH cause me trouble - I just recovered from a corrupt cpd that I think was caused by sneaking around behind RH's back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2009 Jan 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello again

Normally, yes. But in this case you actually want to move the files using Windows Explorer. Actually, it's really the only real option you have.

Think of it like this. RoboHelp messed with you by moving the files to an area you can't see from inside RoboHelp. So you have to mess with it by undoing what it politely did!

You may also wish to consider upgrading to 7. I've never seen a report of this in 7.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp