• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop reverted work and deleted history

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working with various layers in photoshop (cc 2018) on my Mac (Sierra 10.12.6). I had made several major changes to my project including rotating my canvas, placing a new image, making edits in camera raw filter, using the blur filter etc. The last step I made was to duplicate the layer I was working on. As soon as I did that, it reverted all of my changes back to the last time I duplicated a layer. About 10 minutes worth of work was gone. It wasn't in the history either. It's as if I had never done any of that work.

10 minutes isn't a very long time and luckily I save often and won't have to redo a ton of work. But it was concerning and I was just curious if anyone else had encountered this problem.

My husband is convinced that I must have 'hit a button' that caused this to happen. I did. "Command J"! It just doesn't make any sense.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default shortcut for File > Revert is F12. Are you sure you haven't accidentally hit it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this happened to you, but: If you double click on a layer with a photo in it, Photoshop will sometimes open a new file with only that layer in it, in a new tab. If you're not paying close attention, it can seem like you lost all your work, as if you reverted and lost all history. But really, your work is still there in the tab to the left! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you double click on a layer with a photo in it, Photoshop will sometimes open a new file with only that layer in it, in a new tab. 

By @Loominary

You have a different issue, Loominary. You are double-clicking a layer that is a Smart Object and that is expected behavior.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/create-smart-objects.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines