• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG Distortion in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Adobe CC, and when I place a PNG file into any Photoshop file, the image is distorted (see below). I read another forum that suggested that the "Use Graphic Processor" option should be unchecked. I did that, but unfortunately, it did not resolve the problem. What is also strange is that the little pieces of photos the are visible in the image are from several different recent projects but have nothing to do with the PNG I'm trying to open. I'm using a mac. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 4.20.33 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update. You can update your Photoshop via Creative Cloud desktop.

Also, you can refer the list of the fixed issue in Photoshop 19.1.2 update, here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with Apple to seen if the have a newer Display driver for your hardware.  The problem looks like it could be a device driver problem.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion, although, I just bought this computer two weeks ago. I would have hard time believing that I need to update the hardware already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I do when a buy a new electronic device is to update them they never seem to be up the date.  Firmware and software is at the level of the device first manufactured level. Computers, mobile devices, HDTV , routers ,games, etc need to be updated out of the box.....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the exact same issue!

This seemed to work as it appears to be an extensions issue:

Preferences / Plug-Ins / UNCHECK BOTH Boxes: 1.Allow extensions to connect... & 2.Load Extension Panel

Then restart the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting but I do not know why Place or Png support  would be an extension. Perhaps you using a cloud library png resource which needed to be downloaded to your local machine. On my windows machine they are both checked and I have no problems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mine were fine as well and checked... the issue appeared after the 2018 CC update

FYI I'm on a late 2015 27" iMac R5k 3.2Ghz 8GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it seem to be a mac issue not a problem on windows machines.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have the same problem with my new Mac book Pro. Re-starting Photoshop helps but I will try to update the driver you mentions. ( I have a Dell screen attached but that doesn't matter if you see in on Mac or the Screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, and it worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

This worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This issue should be fixed after the Photoshop 19.1.2 update. You can update your Photoshop via Creative Cloud desktop.

Also, you can refer the list of the fixed issue in Photoshop 19.1.2 update, here: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually really enjoyed using this glitch to make some interesting digitally distorted versions of my art. I'd really like to do more, but even when I switched to the 19.1.1 update, the glitch doesn't happen anymore. Any suggestions on how I can make this glitch happen again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines