• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop is not finding my E: Drive, yet it's using my C: (OS) and D: (System Reserved)

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title ^

Basically, when I go to preferences, It only lists my C: and D: drive, but not my E: drive, and I really need to save what I'm working on. However, Photoshop is only using my OS Drive and System Reserve (C: and D:). Thing is, I have Hundreds of gigs free now because I tried uninstalling literally hundreds of programs while trying to chip away at my project slowly, while every time I work on my project, I get two steps in and then I get hit with the Scratch Disks are full message. I know, I did the silliest thing possible, but I had to clear up that space later anyways. So how do I add my E: drive into the preferred Scratch Disks? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Here's some information on setting up a scratch disk. Remember it's NTFS for Windows and OSX Extended for the Mac or Photoshop won't detect them.

Scratch Disks: How do I set one up? What do they do? Should I use one? - Latest Apple Mac Pro News & Tips

Manage your disks in Preferences > Scratch Disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's some information on setting up a scratch disk. Remember it's NTFS for Windows and OSX Extended for the Mac or Photoshop won't detect them.

Scratch Disks: How do I set one up? What do they do? Should I use one? - Latest Apple Mac Pro News &...

Manage your disks in Preferences > Scratch Disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines