Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

binaryless replication usage scenario

Level 1

Hi,

so we are building project that will have large amount of binary files stored inside of DAM.

As far as we know we will store many large files(500MB and above) and few thousand pdf files 2-20MB each. Whole store will be around 2TB

This will be done in AEM 6.3 with TAR storage. We are afraid of blocking replication queues(by large files) and we would like to avoid poor repository performance.

We would like to use shared File Data Storage to address large repository size - worse performance

Also we would like to use binary less replication to address replication queues blocking.

Here is planned architecture:

binaryless.png

And now my question:

does anyone has any experience with similar setup? Any problems/known issues with shared file data storage and or binary less replication?

BR

SK

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Your wording is a bit strange; there is no "internal JCR", but rather a segmentstore :-)

But besides that your approach looks correct. Just be aware of the implications of the shared datastore regarding datastore GC (see the docs).

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I have asked our Asset team to look here. This should be answered by that team.

Level 10

In mean time - watch this GEMs session on the subject - it may help you...

The Digital Asset Explosion & AEM Assets

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Your wording is a bit strange; there is no "internal JCR", but rather a segmentstore :-)

But besides that your approach looks correct. Just be aware of the implications of the shared datastore regarding datastore GC (see the docs).

Jörg