• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text displays on screen but some items do not print

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had several /pdf files recently the do not print correctly.  On example was a depreciation schedule generated by our software and printed to Adobe to create the PDF.  Some portions would not pring using Adobe Standard XI.  If I opened the file with Chrome in Windows 10, it printed fine.

Another example is an online tax form.  Specifically Campbell County KY, Form CC-3.  I completed the form by filling in the relevant fields.  Most of the data entered printed, except the items in boxes 8a, 9, 10 and 13.

I've tried opening with Adobe Standard XI, Adobe Reader which I downloaded just today as part of the testing, Chrome and Microsoft Edge.  I have tried selecting print as image as well,  I've tried multiple PC's and tried reinstalling the printer locally with the most recent drivers.  Why are some elements not printing?  This is maddening!!

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF file has been created using the AdobePDF Printer?

If so, you could try to print to a file (VERY IMPORTANT: use a Postscript printer) and use Distiller to create the PDF. does that one print correctly?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the county that prepared the document.  The individual I spoke to admitted that he caused the problem in his setup.  I'm not sure how it could show on screen and not print, but that was enough information for me to stop wasting my time chasing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible to have a layered PDF where some of the layers are set for viewing but not printing.

In Acrobat you can show the layers by clicking on the "pancake icon", if you don't see the icon, go to View> Show/Hide> Navigation Panes> Layers.

If you select the layer, then right click (or control-click) you can show the layer properties, where you can find the "never prints" setting.

Non-Adobe viewers (like Chrome) might not respect the layer settings, which would explain why they print.

Flattening the PDF by saving as PDF/X-1a may also fix your issue.

Never Print.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines