• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDFs look crappy in Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating PDFs from TIFFs, in Acrobat DC (in Win 7) and they don't look so hot. Both text and images are poorly anti-aliased. I tried going to the Prefs and changing the rendering > Smooth Text settings...they have no effect.

One thing I noticed that seems odd is that if I save out as a .PDF and drag the file into a browser, it looks great...both text and images are nicely anti-aliased. The PDF looks fine when printed as well.

Another odd thing is that I came across a few PDFs that were created by someone no longer working here, and in those files the text looks fine - even when the PDF is viewed in Acrobat. This text is selectable, whereas the crappy looking text in my own PDFs is not (I suspect that the text in my PDFs is being converted to bitmap). Unfortunately I don't know what methods were used by the person who created those earlier PDFs.

Any ideas what's going on here? I tried playing around with Acrobat's Prefs...that didn't seem to help...also, I'm really looking for a solution that works on the creation side, as opposed to a view setting.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mickmastergeneral,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Would it be possible to share sample tiff file with us to analyze the issue? You may refer to steps given in this link on: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Also, let us know Acrobat DC dot version installed on the machine: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines