• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save PDF Portfolio as Web Site menu option grayed out

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to publish a PDF to a web site so I created a PDF portfolio and added my PDF document to it. I saved the Portfolio, then closed Acrobat and opened the Portfolio. When I select the File menu the Save PDF Portfolio as Web Site menu option is grayed out.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why, if you want to publish a PDF to a web site, you would create a portfolio. What you have now is a PDF that can't be viewed by the great majority of web users. What led you in that direction?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2157 page PDF that I do not want to post to the web for users to view/download. I want to Publish it. If you have InDesign, this is the same feature as Publishing an InDesign document. This feature publishes an Adobe flash file that allows the user to page through the document and view on screen but not download.

Here is the Adobe user guide for the feature: Publish and share PDF Portfolios

Here is an example: https://indd.adobe.com/view/deaa558b-364a-42a1-a1af-98dcd3ce2f9e

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I understand what you want to do. Never heard of that feature before, so I'm sorry I don't know why it isn't working for you. In the medium to short term you might consider that Flash has a death date of 2020, and will in practice likely be turned off much sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After experimenting, I found that if a PDF is one of the documents in the Portfolio then the option is grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines