• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong OS version of Acrobat Pro DC purchased

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased by an error the wrong OS version of Acrobat Pro DC namely the MAC OS version instead of the required Windows version. Unfortunately the dealer will not take it or exchange it. Is there any chance to use this license anyway

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thomas, what is the exact name of the product you purchased?

And is it a perpetual license or subscription?

The reason is because "Acrobat DC" (what you mentioned) is a subscription product that runs equally on both Mac or Windows, or both.

By contrast, the perpetual (one-off) licenses are for "Acrobat 2017," which only work on either Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thomasp99439726

As ProDesignTools correctly mentioned that Subscription based Acrobat Pro can be run on Mac and Windows. And Perpetual(serial number/product key) based license will work on either Mac or Windows.

I have checked your records with your current Adobe ID and found that your Adobe ID is associated with Acrobat Pro DC Team license.

You can download and install Acrobat Pro 2017 on Mac as well as on Windows machine. Sign in with your current Adobe ID and password to activate Acrobat Pro 2017 on your computer.

Download Acrobat Pro 2017 from Download Acrobat 2017 Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-2017-downloads.html

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Release 2015 (not the team version) in abox (perpetual?)

I have 24 digit number for Mac and would need a number for windows. The language is German.

This topic has nothing to do with my Licensed team version !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a discontinued product. So far as I know, platform swaps - which are fine by Adobe at their discretion - do not apply to discontinued products. You would need to negotiate: they might allow you to upgrade and platform swap, perhaps. I hope the vendor made it clear they were selling you old stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello grüneckerp1237648

Thank you for the additional information which was not mentioned in the first post/query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please contact the Adobe support team for platform swap request https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html

Feel free to update this discussion if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines