Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will I lose my photos?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have to restore my mac to sometime last week via Time Machine, I know all my Lightroom work is in the Creative Cloud, but I just need to be 100% sure that I won't lose my photos when I restore, correct?

Discussion moved by moderator from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom CC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

If you are using (the Cloud Based) Lightroom CC then all your photos there will be stored in the Cloud, if they had finished syncing.

If you are using Lightroom Classic, your folders and Catalog will match the state they were in when you did your last Time Machine back up, I would assume.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using (the Cloud Based) Lightroom CC then all your photos there will be stored in the Cloud, if they had finished syncing.

If you are using Lightroom Classic, your folders and Catalog will match the state they were in when you did your last Time Machine back up, I would assume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be absolutely certain that your photos are indeed stored in the Creative Cloud. If they are, that is where they will still be even after you do the restore. If they are not and the Catalog is on your hard drive... I wouldn't count on them being there after the restore. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines