• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW line number selection doesn't work

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just switched from DW CS 5 to DW CC (v18.0) and it seems like a small feature I didn't realized I loved is gone.

Old behavior (CS 5):

I would click the line # where my desired code starts, scroll down to the end of the range of code I want, hold down Shift on the keyboard and click on the line # for the end of the code.  All the code is highlighted and I can copy it.

New behavior (CC):

I click on the line # for the end of the range of code and it just highlights that line of code.  DW seems to ignore the fact that I'm holding down the shift key and doesn't highlight the range of code between the two line numbers.

I can work around this by clicking inside the body of the code rather than clicking the line #...it's just not quite as precise and requires a bit more effort.

Anyone know a way to get the old behavior back?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 12.06.48 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

The code engine in DW CC 2017+ is not the same as Creative Suite.  The new code editor behaves a lot like Brackets because it's built on a Brackets code engine.  That said, line numbers in Brackets cannot be highlighted either.  

You would need to revert to a previous version  of DW (2015 or earlier) before the Brackets code engine was added.

If you're a paying member, you can get previous versions from your CC Desktop app.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The code engine in DW CC 2017+ is not the same as Creative Suite.  The new code editor behaves a lot like Brackets because it's built on a Brackets code engine.  That said, line numbers in Brackets cannot be highlighted either.  

You would need to revert to a previous version  of DW (2015 or earlier) before the Brackets code engine was added.

If you're a paying member, you can get previous versions from your CC Desktop app.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the quick response and suggestion, Nancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW now uses a somewhat watered down version of Brackets as the code engine. Because of that, there have been a LOT of changes to how the Code View functions.

There's no setting to change the behavior as far as GUI Preferences go (most need to be done directly in the file that the program uses), but if enough people want it back, Adobe might be persuaded into figuring it out within the Bracket implementation they've used, if enough people vote for it in the Feature Request/Bug Report forum...

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines