Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running the Program in the Background

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I open a PDF file, the program creates a lot of CPU usage and there is a delay for a few seconds before I am able to scroll the file. This is because the program has to launch all its processes. I would like to know how to set the program to always run in the background in order that there may be no delay in opening and closing files.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no such setting. You can add it to your operating system's start

up folder if you want it to always launch when the computer first boots up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently open and close PDF files. If the program is added to the startup folder, it will close the next time I open and close a PDF file. Is there some setting in the Windows system which can allow to always keep the program launched in RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. You can probably create a scheduled task to open it every

minute or so (if it's already running nothing will happen), but I would not

advise it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to quit the app. Just close the document, leaving the app running. You can minimize it or just ignore it. Next time it will be there ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set Acrobat to be the PDF viewer for a browser. Then open a PDF in the browser, from a link. Close the browser and open the task manager, you'll see that Acrobat is running in the background, and stays there until you kill in manually.

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the information. Apparently it is necessary to keep a certain document always opened in order that the program may remain loaded in the memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines