• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Grep - How to add a different return space after last paragraph if you have multiple paragprahs

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple paragraphs with the line return of 0.1875pt between paragraphs. I want the last paragraph to have a line return of 0.375pt so that there is more space between the paragraph and the next title. How do I make this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Create a "Body Text Last" based on "Body Text" with extra spacing after.

If you have a lot of text to apply it to, you could write a GREP find/change to help apply it. If there's not that much, use keyboard shortcuts or quick apply. But I don't think GREP will apply space below to a paragraph directly. That's done with Paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add "space before" to the paragraph style you're using for the titles.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shannonr,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer that Ariel provided worked. However, it's not quite what I was looking for because depending on the paragraph style that comes after, for example, a large, medium or small title, I still have to do some playing around to make it look nice and even. That means I have to play around and check all pages instead of knowing the look will be the same throughout. Ideally, it would be great to have a format style that says after the last paragraph includes this space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create a "Body Text Last" based on "Body Text" with extra spacing after.

If you have a lot of text to apply it to, you could write a GREP find/change to help apply it. If there's not that much, use keyboard shortcuts or quick apply. But I don't think GREP will apply space below to a paragraph directly. That's done with Paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shannon

If you use a baseline grid and align to it, you can probably achieve your needs without style tweaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines