• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver Suddenly stops connecting to host

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until yesterday, I haven't have any problems connecting to my websites through Dreamweaver. I have clients on several different hosts, and the problem is the same with all of them.

Yesterday afternoon, I started getting server timeouts on a constant basis when trying to uploaded corrected pages to my server. By evening, the problem was to the point it was impossible to work.

I checked out my internet speeds - OK. I then tested uploading files through the control panel on the server, worked fine, tried WS-ftp, no problem. Now today, I can't connect to any of my sites on any of the different servers through Dreamweaver. I am getting a different error message today than yesterday. Yesterday it was just connection timed out or connection lost, refresh and try again. Today, the error message is, "An FTP error occurred-cannot make connect to host. User limit reached or not authorized to make the connection."

I calling my hosting company and after checking things out on their end, said that the problem is with Dreamweaver. I agree. As I mentioned above, using other ftp clients, the uploads worked fine. Something in Dreamweaver or something on my computer, is blocking the ftp transfer.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Hi Paulismith,

Can you check with your hosting provider if they made any changes to the protocols at their end? Just to be sure, are you using FTP or SFTP?

Also, can you try using Filezilla to upload files and let us know if you were able to get through?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paulismith,

Can you check with your hosting provider if they made any changes to the protocols at their end? Just to be sure, are you using FTP or SFTP?

Also, can you try using Filezilla to upload files and let us know if you were able to get through?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines