• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complete package AcroRdrUpd180092044 - SCCM

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the Zip files with the ADm template and the Customization Wizard etc..

I have extracted and now have a 2018.009.2044 folder I created with the files I need including an mst

Capture.PNG

I have created my application in SCCM and it is deploying - I am pointing to the

"msiexec /i "AcroRead.msi" /qn TRANSFORMS=AcroRead.mst"

This is working fine but the end result is version 2015.007.20033 installed - I am wondering if I need to also get the AcrordrDCUpd1800920044.msp installed and if so should I be pointing at that initially or do I have to do this separately?

Help appreciated

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is "Yes" and you need to change your install command line to get a co-heasive installation.  Instead of the install command line that you have, you can try this type of syntax.

Syntax

msiexec.exe /i C:\[PATH_TO_MSI_FILE]\AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.msi /Update C:\[PATH_TO_MSP_FILE]\AcroRdrDCUpd1800920050.msp /qn TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst"

Real World

msiexec.exe /i C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\AdobeReaderDC\AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.msi /Update C:\Users\labuser\Desktop\AdobeReaderDC\AcroRdrDCUpd1800920050.msp /qn TRANSFORMS="AcroRead.mst"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I do not understand your reference to "c:" - this is on a network drive on SCCM which only uses UNC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "C:" is a local machine reference.  It is easily substituted by "\\" for a network reference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to locate or validate MSI package

Using command line as shown above - msiexec /i \\location\Acroread.msi /Update \\location\AcroRdr2017Upd1701130070_MUI.msp /qn TRANSFORMS="acroread.mst"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to troubleshoot the command line.  Does the first part of the line work?  If yes, the add the second part of the line.   A word of advise as I ran into an issue that could be happening to you.  Do NOT cut and past the line into the Windows Command Prompt.  Instead type it.  I know it's a pain, but try it.  If it works then you know it was a problem with the text format that you attempted to past into the Windows Command Prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As already mentioned you need to add an additional call for the update.

I utilize the %~dp0 variable when deploying via SCCM.  https://stackoverflow.com/a/10290765

Here is mine to include todays update:

msiexec.exe /i "%~dp0AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.msi" TRANSFORMS="%~dp0AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.mst" /qn

timeout 5

msiexec.exe /p "%~dp0AcroRdrDCUpd1801120036.msp" /qn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines