Exit

How to create in this style

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from The Lounge to Photoshop for Beginners.]

Hi,

The works of Pascal Blanche remind of the old Heavy metal mag and it inspired me to sub to Photoshop and create. Ive been doing 3d for a few years unprofessionally so I wish to take my meshes for use. AsI have just started my Photoshop learning i'm curious what I may do to create in a similar style.

Thanks.

Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Geez, thx for answering but never mind. I understand what she meant and yes anything takes practice. What I was asking for was a bit of direction since PS is a vast program and the brushes, filters etc are very many. Asking a newb to just go learn a wide array and figure it out really doesnt help me much. The combinations of using these tools is huge. What I needed was a few hints or a direction to head out in. Instead of just learning the entirety of a huge software and then figure it out. I wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the question. If you want an answer, please add a link to a website or a picture showing what you want to create.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.google.com/search?q=pascal+blanche&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_urXN5pnZAhUELq...

sorry, thought I had....I know a little of what he does. Layers, fog, he will at times select the highlights and select the shadows and play with the color on each. At times I think he is laying the shadows in PS but the shadows on the character are from the render of a 3d mesh. Ok, thx and any ideas would be welcome. In my first week here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're new to Photoshop, you'll want to spend some time learning the basics first -- tools, filters, blend modes, masks, etc.... 

And practice, practice, practice. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you. Unfortunately Photoshop wont be my first priority so am trying to target what I need to do while picking up the basics. With all the power PS has thats all i can do for now. And let me say its been years since I used PS and it had grown immensely. Any ideas for how to do these would be greatly appreciated. I kinda get the backgrounds, the overall sandy bleak look I dont tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sorry, but even the great artists and Ps wizzards like Nancy OShea started by practicing. Nancy gave you the hints of what you need to get known for creating such images: tools, filters, blend modes etc. If and only if you have a specific question on a specific problem you may have, you can come back and ask that question.

For the rest, I would recommend you look at youtube, lynda.com or you book a course near by to go ahead.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geez, thx for answering but never mind. I understand what she meant and yes anything takes practice. What I was asking for was a bit of direction since PS is a vast program and the brushes, filters etc are very many. Asking a newb to just go learn a wide array and figure it out really doesnt help me much. The combinations of using these tools is huge. What I needed was a few hints or a direction to head out in. Instead of just learning the entirety of a huge software and then figure it out. I will find someone who will look at a few pics and drop a few ideas of what to work on. Thats all I need, the rest I will do myself. For the newb an answer to a question of how to do something shouldnt be to just learn the program, just so you know.

I thank you for your time and I'm sorry that I apparently wasted it. Will not make that mistake again.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are some in-depth Photoshop tutorials to get you started.

PiXimperfect - YouTube

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines