Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch Ring from tablet not working at the same time that pen

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

If someone helps me solve this I swear I will draw that person  a little Icon as gratitude >.< I mean it

So being a very ignorant person, I update last Wacom’s driver for my Intuos Pro PTH 451.

This Problem started to show up:

when pressing the touch ring from my tablet at the same time that the pen, my brush tool that I’m using changes. Usually to the Eyedropper tool, though a couple of times it may be another tool.

So I cannot use the touch ring at the same time that I’m using my pen.

I Tried the following:

1. I uninstalled the driver and tried installing several previous drivers. And again and again.

2. In Photoshop, took a lighth view of the presets and deactivated keyboard shortcuts  to the tools I didn’t want to use.

3. Search the forums to see If someone ran into a similar problem.

I work for clients, and this will affect my speed for them, and I don’t want that to happen. I really hope you can help me.

My Photoshop version is PSCS6 and I have Windows 8 in the computer.

in advance, thank you ❤️

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch Ring from tablet not working at the same time that pen

Sound right to me Touch support it is turned off when the pen is close to the tablets surface.  The pen is the Active device then. However the ring and button still work with the setting I set. I have not updated to the latest Wacom driver.  I have seen other thread where users have problems with the brush tool switching to other tools when the square bracket key [] are used sometime also the H key. I do not have that problem.  You are likely to have one of the four ring settings set to the square bracket key []...

What is install is working for me... but I can not write that I use the touch ring much. I adjust the bush tip size and hardness with the pen and bottom pen button.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn’t work, man :’( Uninstalling.

thank you, though

I don’t understand how this could happen with just updating a driver. Never going to do It again

Hope to get a solution soon >.< either by this forum or myself

Drivers that haven’t been helpful, some of them don’t even let me zoom:

6.3.23-1

6.3.11w3

6.3.10w2

6.3.11-4a

6.3.27-2 (Here it works on Paint, not in Photoshop. In Photoshop It doesn’t even let me zoom with the touch ring)

6.23.25-5

6.3.15-2

I do have in Photoshop checked the “zoom with scroll wheel option”

even If It Sometimes it zooms It’s hard If it’s going to do It or not, it changes to the eye drop tool all the time

Please, help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well... for anybody If it’s useful ... the best option(although not ideal) has been 6.3.15-2...

doesn’t work perfectly, it doesnt solve the problem but at least it’s giving less problems than the other drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines