• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements Malware???

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements and every time I try to download Elements it is saying "Malware Detected" and erasing the app from my computer before I can even do anything. I have a Windows 10 and the Windows Defender is what is deleting the software. I can override it and allow the app to download but I am afraid that I will end up with malware on my computer. Please help. What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the malware warning that prevents me downloading Photoshop Elements 18. Avast says win32:malware-gen detected. This includes from the site you mentioned, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very unlikely that there is malware or really harmful software embedded in any adobe products one downloads directly from the adobe site, since adobe checks there servers on a regular basis.

Probably a false positive in Avast, so contact them and see what they say.

https://support.avast.com/en-us

https://www.avast.com/en-us/false-positive-file-form.php

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have choosen to turn off for a few moments AVG, then I have uploaded the product without problems and of course after that, Il have activated my antivirus again. Everything is OK now. Thank you everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same problem with AVG on februar 2018 10 !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines